I was supposed to go on a business trip from yesterday until tomorrow. We came back to the area early so that I could catch my 6:30pm flight yesterday. When we got the airport about an hour and a half early, it was pretty foggy. I went up to the counter and they told me that my flight hadn’t officially been cancelled yet but it was “looking unfavorable.” The plane we were going to take wasn’t even at the airport, it was going to be coming from another airport about half an hour away. I sat with Theresa, another co-worker going on the trip. About half an hour after I arrived, one of the two supervisors also arrived, and a few minutes after that, the other supervisor arrived. Since Theresa and I are not supervisors we let them make the decision of whether or not we’d be going. The soonest flight out would have been today at 11:20am and if we wanted to drive we would have needed to leave at 7am. I think it’s pretty obvious that we didn’t end up going. I was really looking forward to the conference (plus all the comp time I would have gotten). But it’s nice to have two days in the office that I wouldn’t otherwise have, since I’ll be off during the week of Christmas.